Well, the big day has finally arrived when the humans around here gather in Bayfront Park for a chance buy all kinds of food to feed us gulls.
I invite all my friends from as far away as Two Harbors to join me for supper. Here are some good ways to get the humans to feed us:
- Fly up from behind small children and scare them a bit -- the popcorn scatters and everyone has a good laugh.
- Land and walk in front of a person with food squawking as you go. The person thinks you are starving and always throws you food.
- Find a person sitting on a bench eating. land directly in front of them and stare directly into their eyes. They feel guilty and throw you some food.
- In a coordinated flight pattern, fly close enough to just steal the food out of their hand. They seem to like it and go and get more.
- Sit on a railing and wait for someone to take a selfie. They usually put their food down and give you a chance to steal it.
- If all else fails, a sure thing is to fake a broken wing and drag along the ground a bit. the people feel sorry and throw you the best of their food. Ha! what fun.
Just a few tips for my friends.
Have a good 4th and make sure a gull isn't flying overhead, we live up here ya know. Last year I had a close call with a bottle rocket, singed a few feathers.
Jeffery the gull